Discover the world...and bring the world back to Wisconsin!
This competitive scholarhip provides students with financial awards starting at $2,500 towards the eligible IAP study abroad program of your choice, and the chance to share your experience with the UW community upon return.
Special consideration will be given to students who possess the following characteristics and/or traits:
- First generation college student
- First time abroad
- STEM majors (science, technology, engineering, and math)
Students attending IAP programs around the world are encouraged to apply to become an IAP Scholar. For this application round, additional consideration will be given to students planning to participate on one of the following:
- UW in Italy
- UW in India
- Winter Module FIG Programs
- Programs in Brazil and Portugal
- Calendar-Year Programs
All IAP Scholars are required to carry out a “Share Your Experience” project upon your return from abroad that helps to promote study abroad at UW-Madison. The project, with approval from IAP, will be completed during the semester following your return to campus. Some examples of projects may include but are not limited to:
- Assist IAP in areas that may include: presentations; open houses; information sessions; annual Study Abroad Fair; program orientations; video profiles for website
- Partner with student organizations or academic departments: presentations; sharing a research/project done abroad; annual Undergraduate Symposium; peer mentoring within a major; submit an article on your experiences abroad to campus newspaper or academic department newsletter
- Volunteer and participate in campus or local international events such as International Education Week and International Fair, or join and actively participate in an international group or organization on campus
- Present on study abroad opportunities at Freshman Orientation or in First-Year Experiences courses encouraging students to consider study abroad earlier rather than later in their undergraduate career
Student Eligibility Requirements
In order to be considered for the IAP Scholars scholarship for this application round, an applicant must:
- Be in the process of applying, or have already applied, to an IAP study abroad program for Winter Module 2014, Spring 2014, Spring Break 2014 or Calendar Year 2014
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate UW-Madison student
- Have at least one semester remaining at UW-Madison at the conclusion of studying abroad
- Submit completed IAP application materials online by October 15, 2013
- Academic merit and financial need will be considered
Completed applications must be submitted online by October 15, 2013. If your study abroad program application isn’t due until after this date, you must still submit your scholarship application by October 15 to be considered. Incomplete applications or applications submitted to the office will not be considered.
To apply, please log into Scholarships@UW through your student center or by going directly to their website: http://scholarships.wisc.edu/Scholarships/. You will need to create a profile and answer questions to being the application.
Interested in more information about study abroad scholarships?
For additional scholarship information, visit our scholarship website.