how to get advising

Pinterest Instagram

Most Memorable Experience

I travelled in four different countries, climbed Machu Picchu and Glacier Perito Moreno, took classes in a different language, made new friends and found my way around the chaotic city of Buenos Aires. However, some of the best days abroad involved getting on and off the right bus or providing an Argentine with accurate directions. The sense of accomplishment from those little things made the whole experience that much better.

Julie-Ann Spatz

Legal Studies, Criminal Justice Certificate
IAP Buenos Aires, Argentina

When You Get Back

Grade Processing

After IAP has received your transcript from your study abroad program, we are able to process your grades. To do so, all of your course equivalents need to be approved and you need to have completed the online program evaluation. When all of these items are completed, you will receive an email from IAP asking you to review your Grade Report through your MyStudyAbroad account.

For year-long participants: Your grades for the entire year abroad will be processed at the end of your program. Thus, your first semester grades will not appear on your UW transcript until after your study abroad program is completed.

You have 30 days to review and verify your Grade Report. Consult your Academic Advisor(s) about how your equivalents fit into your degree requirements before your verify the report. IAP will not make changes to your equivalents or grades after your report has been sent to the Office of the Registrar unless there is clear evidence of clerical error. If you have any questions or concerns, indicate this in your MyStudyAbroad account. The sooner you confirm, the sooner your grades will be posted to your transcript. After 30 days, IAP will forward your equivalents and grades to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

IAP cannot order official UW-Madison transcripts or forward official UW-Madison transcripts on a student's behalf. The Office of the Registrar Transcript website has detailed information about how to obtain a transcript. The typical time for processing a transcript request is 1–3 days. UW-Madison Student Records are available online for free through MyUW.

NON-UW MADISON STUDENTS: In order for UW-Madison to send your official transcript to your home institution, you will need to make a request to the Office of the Registrar.

Resources for Returned Students

Now that you are back, get involved and share your story with others! Learn how to market your international experience for your future professional goals. Resources available in the Returned Students section or speak with your IAP Study Abroad Advisor.